Friday, June 20, 2008

Fate!

Wow, so today, Daniel and I were in the computer lab. And we didn't notice, but the girl sitting next to us was Haruka, the student from Sophia who just spent this past year at UVA! Crraaaazyyy! But awesome! It was really good to see her, it was like having a part of home come here in a way. It was also sad though, because it reminded us how we would be out of school. :( And also, she was sad because she's from Osaka, and being back in Tokyo for a week, she's already depressed again (the city really does it to you!) And we asked her if she likes Sophia or UVA better, and she said 'I don't know.' I think that goes to say a lot about Japanese college when Japanese students feel no loyalty or attachment to their school, and that kind of spirit is fostered in nearly everyone in the U.S. Anyway, we all exchanged keitai (cellphone) info and hope to meet up because we can all relate to each other, having experienced both schools now. As Daniel said, maybe we can all get together and cry.

Hahahaha. Just kidding though. Don't worry, parents, I'm doing fine! :) hehehe

Life is just very different here. And I'm learning a lot to that extent.

Whoo, sorry for all the sadness lately (Daniel said my post about being sick and things was really sad), but I do miss homeeee!! (You hear that parents??! I have feelings and think about home!!) It surely is not all fun and games here!

2 comments:

dobedo said...

Fate = choice + choice + choice + ...

teresa said...

JEN~

Thanks for saving me the other day! I NEVER see you anymore. Without G-Splash to keep us in the same room for hours upon hours and hours, we just don't get to hang out. Well, I hope your feeling much better now that you've seemed to recover from your cold.

I <3 your hair cut! It's super cute.

Be sure to sleep lots and drink tons of water, yeah?

mL
- T